autoinsurance

Monday, July 7, 2008

How An Auto Insurance Quote Gave Me Free Collision Coverage

Is it worth it to pay hundreds of dollars more per year for collision coverage on a used vehicle? It is if the coverage is free.

Let me share what happened. On my car I was only carrying liability insurance. If I blew through a stop sign and totaled my car, my insurance would pay for the damage to the other car, but not too mine. Thats how liability works. Liability is very cheap car insurance and is required in all states.

However, the drawback is that it does not cover the vehicle you are driving. Collision and comprehensive coverage cover your car if you are at fault. As a bonus it covers any damage if the sky starts throwing ice baseballs.

I had considered collision and comprehensive for the peace mind. However, I could not justify the return on investment. With higher fuel prices, my budget was already feeling the squeeze.

Paying several hundred extra dollars every six months and then paying for a $500 deductible did not quite make sense. Instead I'll cross my fingers, drive safe and stay away from fierce thunderstorms.

Seven minutes though was all it took to change my mind. One day I was browsing the web and came across a special Internet site that claimed to help people save on car insurance.

Their secret was simple. You input some information into their secure web page and several major auto insurance companies would offer you a quote.

You would then pick your best rate. It was a quick way to get a cheap on line car insurance quote. Naturally I was concerned about my privacy and having my name sold. A quick glance through the privacy statement eased my fears.

I gave it a try and soon I was looking at the auto insurance quotes. This was a whole lot quicker than calling numerous insurance companies. In fact it was kind of fun.

The first three quotes were decent, and then I came to number four. I almost skipped it, because it was the exact same price I was paying for my liability insurance.

But there was one major difference. A big difference. This auto insurance quote also included comprehensive and collision for the same price I was paying. In other words I was getting coverage for my mistakes and for acts of nature - Free!

As a bonus they had a office right down the road. Quality car insurance at a great price with a local office. Hard to beat that. Plus I could call them and not have to sign up online for car insurance.

Quickly I got them on the phone and asked some pointed questions. After comparing notes, I was assured it was the same coverage I had, but with comprehensive and collision. I signed up and have been enjoying the savings and peace of mind ever since.

All it took was seven minutes to get an auto insurance quote and gave me me free collision coverage

Do what I did. Get some free auto insurance quotes and save yourself some money.

by Arlen Busenitz



Check Out the Related Article : Auto Insurers - Protecting Your Car

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Blogger