autoinsurance

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Avoid Sales Pressure with Online Car Insurance

Auto Insurance

I've been writing about online auto insurance comparison a lot as of late. I never used to think about comparing rates. Like most people, I just accepted whatever quote my local insurance agent gave me. Case closed. But as my rates kept creeping up even though I never had a claim or speeding ticket I decided to go online and do some comparison shopping. I found that my own insurance agent has actually given me a good deal, but not everyone is so lucky. And I found the online comparison tools to be very good.

Once you've found an online auto insurance comparison site, enter all your data to get your quotes. Set aside a bit of time for this, as you'll have to answer a good number of questions. There is no way around that, as the insurance companies need to know about you and your driving record in order to present a quote. It depends on where you live, what car you drive, whether you have co-drivers, how many miles you put on the car each year, what you use it for, and so on. It also depends on the type of coverage you request and what options you want.

In your quest to get good car insurance online, you then get a number of quotes, usually three to six. The quotes show you the semi-annual or annual rate and also how the bidders compare in many important areas. You can see, side-by-side, what sort of online access you get, how long it will take to get your proof of insurance, how quickly the policy can go into effect, customer service hours, payment options, and so on. Between the quote and the information found on this online car insurance comparison page you can usually make a good decision.

However, signing up with an insurance company is an important decision. If you're lucky and never have an accident you may never have to deal with them. But you never know and so I highly recommend you learn a bit more about a company before you sign up with them. The quote comparison system I used did not only show me side-by-side summaries of the insurance companies bidding for my business, but I could also examine each one in more detail.

One of the quotes attracted my attention and so I studied the detailed information the system provided about them. There was a page on payment and what additional information the company needed from me should I choose them. Fair enough. I then studied their claim/service page where they explained, in plain English, what they offer (I liked what I saw). There was also a page that described the company, how big they are, how many employees they have and so on. A separate page showed how the company did with various rating and credit agencies. They seemed very highly rated. Just to make sure, they also gave me another overview of what coverage exactly they were quoting. Finally, they presented a checklist on what I had to do next to sign up with them.

Do consider getting your car insurance online. If you do, by all means use one of the online auto insurance comparison systems. There is no pressure, no hassle, and you can take your time. It simply makes sense.


by Chris Robertson


Check Out the Related Article : AIG Auto Insurance Roadmap

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blogger templates | Blogger